Module 1: This is a one day theory course that will help practitioners to understand the role of a PE Coordinator and shape a vision for PE and school sport in their school.
This leadership & learning journey will be take place over a year and will be delivered through: two face to face and one online module. The learning journey will be aligned to the teaching standards and will support (through accredited modules) colleagues who wish to gain a masters qualification in Primary PE.
The workshop is aimed at Primary PE subject leaders.
Module 1: Being an effective leader of PE, healthy active lifestyles and school sport
• An understanding of the role of a PE Coordinator in the current PE, physical activity and school sport landscape
• An understanding of how to shape a vision for PE and school sport within their school setting
• Ability to prioritise needs through a RAG (Red, Amber, Green) rating process
• Identification of the links between whole school and PE objectives
• Production of a development plan for PE focusing on maintenance and development
• Experience a PE and school sport offer that complements and builds on the priorities of the school
- 18th January 2018
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Venue: St Thomas Centre
Venue Phone: 01246 279916Address: