We are looking for a talented individual to manage the development of Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity across schools and communities in Chesterfield. Founded in 2004, Chesterfield School Sport Partnership is an organisation passionate about changing the lives of young people through sport, physical activity and educational interventions. Our mission is ‘to ensure that young people in Chesterfield enjoy their experience of Physical Education and sport, are supported to fulfil their potential and are motivated to choose a healthy active lifestyle’. This is achieved through our 7 ambitions: High Quality Physical Education and Education programmes, School Sport, Leadership and Volunteering, Club and Community Links, Talent Identification and Development, Physical Activity, Management, Governance, Funding and Communication.
Chesterfield School Sport Partnership works with a range of key partners including, 8 secondary schools, 2 special schools, 40 junior, primary and infant schools, Chesterfield College, Chesterfield Borough Council, Active Derbyshire and local sports clubs.
Essential personal skills, qualities and experience the applicant will be assessed on include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard with further relevant professional developmentKnowledge and understanding of local, regional and national structures, and policies relating to physical education, school sport and physical activity
- Experience of project management and reporting of physical education, school sport and physical activity projects including financial management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to sustain positive relationships
- Excellent IT and administration skills including the use of Microsoft Office
- Positive and confident attitude with a passion for physical education, sport and physical activity
For more information, please download the Partnership Development Manager Job Information Pack