Last month the Department of Education published its conditions of grant 2015/16 for the PE and sport premium allocated to primary schools.
The conditions of grant documents explain: how the PE and sport premium is allocated, when the payments will be made, as well as the terms and conditions schools and local authorities must follow.
How is funding calculated?
- Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years one to six.
- In most cases, how many pupils in your school attract the funding is determined using data from the January 2015 school census.
How much funding will schools receive?
- Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £500 per pupil.
- Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £8,000 and an additional payment of £5 per pupil.
When will schools receive the funding?
- 7/12 on 29th October 2015
- 5/12 on 29th April 2016
How should the premium be used?
- To develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- To make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For further information and the terms and conditions surrounding the PE and Sport Premium, please click here.